Find Your Course
Liverpool Hope Logo

Other Funding for Disability Support

If you cannot access all of the money you need to study from Student Finance and government funding, there are other funding options which may be available to you.

Benefits and Tax credits

Benefits may be available to help cover additional disability-related costs which are not associated with studying. E.g. Personal Independence Payment (PIP) or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).

Social Services

The DSA funding is intended only to pay for academic support needs. If you require support with daily living:

  • shopping / cooking
  • cleaning / laundry
  • personal care

You should contact your local Social Services department in your local area as soon as you start applying for University to discuss your requirements. It is important that this is done as soon as possible to avoid any delays. They will make their own assessment of your needs.

We may be able to give information about local agencies and organisations that provide personal care support and you can approach them to make your own arrangements prior to starting your course at the University. If you are not eligible for local authority funding i.e. international/EU students, it is important that you consider how you will fund your personal care assistance at the earliest opportunity.

Learning Support Fund

You may also wish to apply for the Learning Support Fund. This is a hardship fund which takes into account your income and essential expenditure.

Application forms are available from the reception desk on the ground floor of the Gateway building and from Student Development and Well-being. Applications for this funding should be submitted to Student Funds on the ground floor of the Gateway building.