What is Outgoing Exchange?
Outgoing Exchange is a unique educational and cultural opportunity that can enrich your academic experience, it can also demonstrate a positive and 'can do' attitude, provide experiences and skills sought by employers, as well as enable you to develop as an individual.
If you choose to go on Outgoing Exchange you will study at any one of our partner universities we have around the world. The academic credits that you will receive while on Exchange will count towards your final degree, as we aim to match your course choices to what you would study at Liverpool Hope University.
We have a dedicated team in the International Hub to help you through the process of applying to go on an Exchange and to support you right throughout your time abroad.
Here are five reasons why we think that you should go on Exchange:
- Once in a Lifetime opportunity: Outgoing Exchange provides you with an opportunity to learn and live abroad at a time in your life when it is relatively easy to do it. You will make friends with people from all around the world and create wonderful memories that last a lifetime. Exchange also provides a different perspective and approach to many aspects of life including to your studies and learning.
- New Experiences: Learning should be enjoyable as well as academically challenging and professionally rewarding. Exchange can provide fantastic life experiences within a supportive environment and create opportunities (professionally or otherwise) which can last well beyond the Exchange period.
- Greater Employability: Research from around the world shows that studying away from your home university can enhance your career prospects after graduation. Whilst on exchange you can gain a range of professional skills which you may not have the opportunity experience again. You will be able to draw on your experiences and include them on your CV which will help you stand out from your peers when it comes to applying for jobs or higher degrees. According to the Higher Education Funding Council for England's report "Attainment in higher education of Erasmus and placement students", students who study abroad also achieve higher salaries.
- Increased transferable skills: Employers look for skills outside of academic attainment such as: self-awareness, adaptability to situations and challenges, and a willingness to embrace different perspectives. Exchange can help you to gain not only these skills but also, language skills, understanding different cultures and life in a different country.
- Value for Money: Going on an Exchange is an investment in your studies and career, however the investment is not all your own. Student Finance provide their support through loans and grants as well as ERASMUS offering a supplementary grant to any students taking part in an Exchange inside of Europe. Research has also found that students who make the investment in an Exchange reap the benefits of increased salaries.