Disability and Dyslexia
If you have a disability or dyslexia please contact Student Development and Well-being to discuss your support needs. We have a team of advisers who can meet you face to face, speak with you on the telephone or answer email queries. During term-time we run drop-in advice sessions as well as offering bookable appointments.
Support may include:
- Liaison with our Accommodation team about disability related accommodation requirements in our halls of residence
- Assessment for dyslexia and other specific learning difficulties
- Guidance with applications for the Disabled Students’ Allowances
- Creation of a Learning Support Plan to inform lecturers of your needs
- Additional arrangements for exams and assessments
- Arranging for support workers to be assigned, e.g. dyslexia study coach, note-taker, sighted guide, sign language interpreter, mobility assessment.
For more information or advice, please contact Student Development and Well-being on T: 0151 291 3427E: firstname.lastname@example.org or read our Learning Support Leaflet.