Career Development and Employability Service accredited with Matrix Quality StandardFriday 3 July 2015
Following an initial assessment in 2012, the University’s Career Development and Employability Service has recently been re-accredited with Matrix Quality Standard for Advice and Guidance Services.
The Matrix Standard is the national quality mark for all organisations delivering information, advice and guidance services, with four main areas of assessment: Leadership and Management, Resources, Service Delivery, and Continuous Quality Improvement.
In the assessment report, the University was praised for the improvements that have been made over the past few years:
“Since the last assessment there have been a number of key developments that have enhanced the service, and employability has become one of the ‘central pillars’ of the University. The service has improved the connections with the academic departments, developed and fully deployed a strategy for enhancing student employability. This has led to improving student destinations into employment, higher education and enhancing the overall student experience.”
A number of key strengths were also identified:
- Effective cross-functional working between academic departments and the Careers and Employability team.
- A holistic approach to student support leading to excellent relationships being established with students and their specific requirements.
- A robust and systematic approach to evaluating the quality of service results.
- A strategy to enhance student employability that clearly articulates objectives, targets all supported by appropriate key performance measures and targets for the year ahead.
- Well-developed relationships with appropriate professional networks and employers in the public and private sector with specific reference employability.
- The Career Centre portal, providing students and other stakeholders with a rich platform of careers, employability advice and links to employment opportunities.
Ginny Mair, Head of Student Development and Employability, said “The Matrix Standard Accreditation Review demonstrates that the Liverpool Hope University Career Development and Employability Team continue to manage these services in accordance with a national quality framework and has improved the service for all stakeholders. It backs up the professional and personal approach taken by the team to support Hope Students and Graduates into worthwhile employment during and after Graduating from their degree.”
You can find out more about Careers and Employability here.