Star students presented with Spirit of Hope AwardsTuesday 24 May 2016
Residential students who have embodied the values and mission of the University were honoured at the halls of residence end-of-year dining in nights.
At the start of the academic year, Head of Residential Life Pat Kemble welcomed students to the halls and Hope community, and shared with them an insight into the values to which Hope aspires.
Being hospitable, welcoming, cheerful, supportive and professional in a collegial community are just some of the values that are integral to the fulfilment of the University’s mission.
Students were encouraged to become involved in all aspects of university life, from joining sports teams and societies, to fundraising for charity and pursuing the Service and Leadership Award, and Global Hope placements.
To publically recognise those who have demonstrated these values, students were asked to nominate a person from each of the halls who has been a positive and supportive influence on the hall and wider community.
Spirit of Hope Awards were presented to:
- Newman Hall - Oliver Crawford
- Wesley Hall - Michael Farrell
- Teresa Hall - Emmanuel Taiwo
- Angela Hall - Niamh O'Hara
- Austin Hall - Oliver Jarvis
- St Agnes Hall - Rachel McCreedy
- St Margaret's Hall - Chelsea Bain
- St Elphin Hall - Shauna Patton
- St Etheldreda Hall - Joseph Paros
- Hopkins Hall - Amy Wain
- St Julie’s Hall - Gerald Goodman