Tier 4 Status
Tier 4 Compliance for Universities and Students
Please ensure you have read this section before applying for your visa, as it contains important information on our responsibility as a sponsor, and your responsibilities as a student.
Liverpool Hope University responsibility as a Sponsor
Liverpool Hope University are required by the UKBA to
- monitor your attendance at supervision sessions, tutorials, classes
- monitor your progress
- inform them if your attendance is poor or you withdraw, interrupt or defer your studies
- inform them if you miss 10 expected contacts without permission
- inform them if we withdraw our sponsorship
We are required to
- keep copies of your passport, visa and biometrics document
- keep an up to date record of your current address in the UK
As a student with a Tier 4 visa you will be required to comply with the following:
- comply with the conditions of your visa i.e. work regulations etc.;
- attend the document checking session and any other contact point meetings with Student Administration (details will be emailed to you);
- attend your timetabled teaching periods, including any supervision sessions or meetings which have been arranged
- explain any absences or unsatisfactory work;
- provide the University with specific information (listed below);
- report to UKBA if your circumstances change e.g. change of address;
- comply with any requests from UKBA e.g. meeting immigration officers when they are on an inspection visit to the university;
- Ensure you have the correct finances available to you.
If you are unable to comply with these then you should not apply for a visa to study.