This course is designed to provide a focus for on the importance and position of business ethics in the management of social/community enterprises. The course takes an applied approach looking at the application of ethical theories and concepts to social/community enterprise. The course will look at the challenges of managing business ethics in social/community enterprise when aiming to balance both social and commercial objectives. The course will also analyse the ethical motivations of social entrepreneurs within the social/community enterprise sector. The course will assist students in gaining the knowledge required to ensure their organisations understand the importance of having a clear approach to managing business ethics. The concepts and models will be applied in a number of learning experiences, theoretical and real case study analysis, to develop skills in critical analysis and to provide an understanding of the best practice for social/community enterprise.
Length of Course: 2 x half days (Friday)
2 x 1 full day (Saturday)
The course aims to provide delegates with:
· The ability to understand the philosophical underpinnings of ethical decision making in organisations.
· The ability to assess the impact of ethics on Social/Community Enterprise organisations.
· An understanding how to appraise an Ethical Policy for a Social Enterprise.
· The ability to understand the role of business ethics in establishing a competitive position for social/community enterprise.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
· Evaluate the philosophical underpinnings of ethical reasoning.
· Critically appraise the different ethical perspectives of a number of theorists.
· Critically analyse the cultural, social, political, and personal dimensions of ethics within a Social/Community enterprise environment.
· Critically analyse a Social/community Enterprise, and show an academic underpinning to an ethical profile.
· Evaluate the importance of the ethical dimensions in the management of Social Enterprise and its role in sustainable development.
· Produce an ethical policy for a Social/Community Enterprise.
· Demonstrate research skills and the ability to analyse the requirements for an ethical policy and present this.
Continuing Professional Development Officer
+44 (0) 151 291 2157
+44 (0) 7740 174027