This stand alone five credit module is designed to provide a practical and flexible route to a formal qualification in management giving university accredited recognition for what candidates may already be doing in their actual workplace. The course introduces delegates to the accounting profession as a key business and management function. It also explores the structures and governance of business in the light of existing accounting practices and the legal framework. It will provide students with an understanding of its critical importance in business planning and control.
Course length: 3 weeks, one day a week
The course will provide participants with:
• An understanding of the different sources of finance and its use for organisations
• An understanding of the reports on the financial performance of an organisation
• Transferable skills and the opportunity to reflect on interpersonal and business skills
• Opportunities for participants to examine their strengths in managing finance environment and identify aspects they would like to develop further.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of various sources of finance available to organisations
• Understand the use of finance as a resource within business
• Understand the financial performance management of an organisation
• Reflect on their academic and personal skills and create action plans for improvement
• Conduct a self-assessment of their personality, interests, skills and self-employment potential.
Continuing Professional Development Officer
+44 (0) 151 291 2157
+44 (0) 7740 174027