This stand alone five credit module is designed to provide a practical and flexible route to a formal qualification in management giving university accredited recognition for what candidates may already be doing in the workplace. This module will consider the management of people, the context of their work organisation and key elements of the employment relationship. It is the intention of this module to develop critical understanding of academic theory in this field in conjunction with related practitioner skills.
Course length: 3 weeks, one day a week
The course will provide delegates with:
• An understanding of current issues surrounding the management of people in organisations today
• An opportunity to develop an understanding of key aspects of human resource management
• Experience of applying this knowledge and understanding of the subject matter
• Transferable skills and the opportunity to reflect on interpersonal and business skills
• An opportunity to examine their strengths in managing people and identify the aspects they would like to further develop.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of a range of human resource management issues
• Consider the organisation and individual needs and perspectives of learning and employee development
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of managerial skills including problem analysis, communication, conflict management and information management
• Reflect on their academic and personal skills and action plan for improvement
• Conduct a self-assessment of their personality, interests, skills and self-employment potential.
Continuing Professional Development Officer
+44 (0) 151 291 2157
+44 (0) 7740 174027