This stand-alone 5 credit module is designed to provide a practical and flexible route to a formal qualification in management giving university accredited recognition for what candidates may already be doing in their actual workplace. It will enable candidates to develop their skills, accompanying knowledge and understanding to a higher level of competence in areas of understanding the business environment, managing the IT systems and issues relating to management of risk and behaviour.
Course length: 3 weeks, 1 day a week
The course will provide delegates with:
• An understanding of the impact of the internal and external business environments on organisations
• Familiarisation with key management and business theories and concepts
• Transferable skills and the opportunity to reflect on interpersonal and business skills
• Opportunities for students to examine their strengths in managing the business environment and identify aspects they would like to develop further.
By the end of the course, delegates will:
• Have knowledge and understanding of important principles of management
• Have knowledge and understanding of the external business environments in which businesses operate
• Be able to analyse business situations by applying appropriate concepts and theories
• Be able to reflect on their academic and personal skills and action plan for improvement
• Be able to conduct a self-assessment of their personality, interests, skills and self-employment potential.
Continuing Professional Development Officer
+44 (0) 151 291 2157
+44 (0) 7740 174027