4APGC01 - Quality Assurance Lead
Liverpool Hope’s School of Education is currently undertaking a full review of its teacher-training provision across both primary and secondary phases. As an important part of this, we are seeking a new colleague who will be able to take a senior role in the review, development and implementation of existing Quality Assurance (QA) processes and procedures.
The successful candidate should bring a high-level experience and expertise to the existing provision to ensure that the School benefits fully from fresh insights and new ways of thinking. As a senior colleague you will be a member of the leadership team, which it will be your responsibility to guide and inform. The role includes assisting others to prepare for external review, and hence an awareness of the current Ofsted Initial Teacher Training (ITT) Inspection framework is essential. While the role is senior and advisory, part of the responsibility will be very ‘hands on’ as you assist with the drafting of any new documentation required, revision of existing documentation, and the training of existing staff, both at the University and wider in the partnership.
The role is available on a fixed-term basis. It is available for an immediate start (January 2022) and ends 30 June 2022.
We are looking for a colleague who will bring enthusiasm and a sense of vocation for the profession, and with demonstrable, successful, and directly-relevant experience in an educational context. You will already have QA expertise aligned to teacher education and a knowledge of how professional partnerships operate. While not absolutely essential, an existing understanding of the centrality of curricula, assessment, school-based mentoring and QA itself within the new Ofsted ITT Inspection Framework would also be extremely valuable. What is essential is that you are able quickly to become familiar with regulator documentation and can bring to the expectations thereof a fully rounded set of QA principles and processes. There is already significant expertise in QA within the School, including that of the Dean, who has experience in working with the QAA, so the general context in which you will be working is an informed one. However, we are looking to refresh, revise and, if necessary, replace aspects of our current practice and you will play a key role in that process. As a senior post, you will report directly to the Head of Initial Teacher Education but will liaise extensively also with the Dean.
- Review existing QA arrangements within ITT provision. This will include both University-based programmes and those offered in in association with our School Direct.
- Provide guidance to the leadership team on all matters relating to QA. This will include providing a critique on any existing weaknesses, identifying any opportunities for further enhancement and the introduction of new ways of working.
- Support other colleagues in the drafting/redrafting of documentation that operationalizes strategic decisions informing QA processes.
- Working with the Partnership Team to monitor effectiveness of QA processes relating to placements and, in particular, the QA of mentor training and development.
- Deliver training for existing ITT colleagues in the operational aspects of the School’s QA framework
- Draft new documentation in preparation for external review, for example as part of an Ofsted inspection or an application for accreditation with the DfE, that describes the policies and procedures which underpin Liverpool Hope’s ITT QA arrangements.
The University is keen to ensure the success of the role, therefore there is flexibility if you have experience or expertise in some, though not all, of the points outlined above. The option of a fractional position, secondment or job share could be considered for the right candidate(s). The University would also consider those who work on a consultancy basis. Individuals should include an outline of which aspects of the “Key Responsibilities” they have evidential expertise on, including examples of previous successes.
The University offers flexibility in working arrangements and will consider applications for both full and part time (minimum of 3 days a week required). Candidate should state clearly their availability and desired working arrangement.
Method of Application
For a comprehensive Recruitment Pack and details of how to apply please see the links in the "Role Specification" box.
Please ensure you attach an outline of your suitability for the post, mentioning in particular your experience and expertise in QA, particularly as related to the ITT sector (where applicable). This is a time-sensitive appointment so please indicate in broad terms when you would be free to take up the position.
For informal enquiries, please contact:
Head of Initial Teacher Education