The Primary NQT/RQT Enhancement Programme will provide an opportunity for you to engage critically with your own professional practice during your induction year and beyond and equip you with the knowledge, skills and understanding essential to become effective and competent teaching practitioners.
Both accredited and non-accredited routes are available for NQTs and RQTs to enrol onto.
The programme aims to provide you with:
- The support to successfully engage with, and complete, your NQT induction year
- The knowledge, skills and understanding essential to become an effective and competent teaching practitioner
- The skills to critically reflect so that you can improve on your own practice and make a significant contribution to improving your classroom practice and raising achievement
- The opportunity, and context, to engage critically with your own professional experiences.
What will the programme include*?
- Three NQT/RQT Conferences that will take place at significant points throughout 2018-2019 (one per term) free of charge. Workshops and lectures will be led by guest speakers and experts in the field of education
Free/subsidised CPD opportunities throughout the year.
- Access to teaching resources online (via Moodle and the website).
- Student email account, library access (borrowing rights for up to 3 books) and NQT/RQT Moodle account.
*please note for those following the accredited route, you will be required to attend stipulated dates, including tutorials and complete any assessments. Please see Developing Practice for Early Career Practitioners for further information.