Liverpool Hope Logo
Find Your Course
Section Menu

Our research

Academics within the Faculty of Education have a wide range of research, teaching and professional experience in the UK and overseas.

This includes working in formal education programmes, further and higher education institutions, governments and international development agencies.

Liverpool Hope recognises that it is located in a dynamic, 21st Century technology rich, diverse and global learning environment where collaborative relationships among its staff will lead to achieving world class results in teaching, research and community service.

If you would like to find about our research on the Hope Challenge programme, please click on this link.

Research Excellence Framework 2014

The Faculty of Education has received confirmation that it is the home of ‘world-leading’ research. 87% of this Unit's research activity was internationally excellent or internationally recognised with 15% at World-leading level. 40% of the Impact of this Unit's research is World-leading.

The news comes as a result of the ‘REF’, the national research quality assessment exercise. Highlights include:

  • 60% of the submitted research outputs have been judged to be of either ‘internationally excellent’ or ‘world leading’ quality
  • 40% of the submitted research impact studies have been classed as ‘world leading’
  • Aspects of the Faculty’s research environment have been judged to have reached an ‘internationally excellent’ level
  • Overall 87% of the Faculty’s research profile has been classed as ‘internationally significant’ ‘internationally excellent’ or ‘world leading’. The remaining 13% was judged to be ‘nationally significant’. None was unclassified

Research Centres

Research in the Faculty of Education is organised into two Research Centres and a Research Forum where mentoring, emphasis on research-informed teaching, readily-available research support and scholarly symposia, workshops or conferences are available. This includes:

  • Centre for Culture & Disability Studies (CCDS), directed by Dr David Bolt?
  • Centre for Education Policy Analysis (CEPA), directed by Dr Richard Budd and Dr Catherine O'Connell
  • Childhood Research Forum (CRF), directed by Dr Zoi Nikiforidou

These groupings place research and scholarly activity at the centre of all Faculty work. All members of Faculty academic staff and research students identify in the first instance with one of these research groupings.