Writing Mentor Service
The Peer Academic Writing mentors are here to support and encourage you to become better writers.
The mentors are available to provide support virtually either by email or online chat for writing support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and for Study Skills contact email@example.com Writing mentors can review a piece of written work and provide feedback as well as sharing techniques and tools that can help you to develop your academic writing skills.
There are lots of resources available from these web pages and the Study Skills Moodle including the presentations used in our workshops.
The mentors are all studying at postgraduate level at Hope, which means they have faced the everyday challenges you are now facing, such as learning how to write critically or reflectively, learning how to reference your work or working towards a dissertation deadline.
A Writing Mentor can offer:
- friendly support that will help you to develop your own approach to academic writing
- offer guidance in essay planning
- help you understand assignment feedback
- show you new techniques and useful resources
- help you gain confidence as a writer
A Writing Mentor can't offer:
- a proofreading service prior to work being submitted
- advice on content or subject related issues
- corrections or changes to an assignment
- correct or teach grammar
- marking or evaluation of work
Please note that this service is only open during term time.
You can also watch our short video below: