Meet the Gateway team
Please come to see us if you have any questions, queries or concerns. We are here for you and will always try and help you wherever we can.
You can call us on 0151 291 3813 or 0151 291 3000 (Switchboard) or email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Gateway Team
Dr Penny Haughan, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost
Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost
0151 291 3544
David Sennett, Executive Project Manager
Executive Project Manager and manages the Gateway Team
Karen Brownrigg, PA to the Deputy Vice Chancellor and Provost
PA to Dr Penny Haughan, Deputy Vice Chancellor and Provost.
0151 291 3282
Anne Aitken, Service Desk Administrator
Main role as Office Administrator/ Residential Life Administrator with a crossover of skills on the switchboard and service desk.
0151 291 3360
Liz Mitchum, Gateway Administrative Assistant
Main role as Service Desk Administrator with a crossover of skills on the switchboard.
3813 / 3921
Carron Reppion, Gateway Switchboard Operator/Administrator
Main role as Switchboard Operator with a crossover of skills on the Service Desk.
The Student Gateway core duties include:
- Coordinate appointments and/or act as the reception point for Student Funds & Finance, Careers & Employability, Counselling and Learning Support, and Educational Psychologist assessments
- Produce Student Status letters and Council Tax forms
- Produce Student ID Cards
- Administration of Student post
- Administration of the @gateway.ac.uk email address and gateway phone line
- Administration of the University Switchboard
- Manage and train the team of Student Ambassadors who support the Gateway
- Agresso orders for various departments e.g. DVC office, Graduation, Learning & Teaching team, Residential Life
- Support Student DBS enquiries
- Support other departments that report to the Deputy Vice Chancellor with mass mailings
- Administrative support for Residential Life, DVC Office and Network of Hope
- Support key University events: Open/Applicant Days, Induction, Graduation, Scholarship presentation evenings
- Represent Gateway Services at the Student Voice Group.