Liverpool Hope Logo
Find Your Course
Section Menu

Worried about a friend?

Are you concerned about a friends’ mental health condition?

If you are concerned about a friend or family member and would like information on how you may be able to help them with a mental health and wellbeing issue, you can contact the Mental Health and Well-being Adviser for further support. Mental Health and Well-being Adviser are professionally trained to work with people experiencing all kinds of concerns. They will be happy to talk through your questions and help you to decide what to do next.


What to do if your friend is refusing help?

If your friend refuses help and you're still worried and feel you need to tell someone, try to get your friend's consent. If you don't have this you can still get advice and help for yourself by talking to a Mental Health & Well-being Adviser or someone you trust without revealing your friend's name.

If you are seriously worried about your friend's safety or that of others you may need to talk to someone or act without their consent in order to act in their best interest.


Worried about someone who is suicidal?

This page on the Papyrus website contains information about what to do.


Understanding self-harm

You can visit the self-harm section of Mind website for further information. 


Drop-in times (term-time only):

Hope Park CampusCreative Campus
Monday - Friday, 12-2pm Tuesday & Thursday, 12-1pm

T: 0151 291 3427