Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships are for candidates from low and middle income Commonwealth countries, for full-time Master’s study at a UK university.
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
These scholarships are offered under six themes:
Science and technology for development
1. Strengthening health systems and capacity
2. Promoting global prosperity
3. Strengthening global peace, security and governance
4. Strengthening resilience and response to crises
5. Access, inclusion and opportunity
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2021
- By September 2021, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second-class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK
- Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study
- NOT be registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, at a UK university or in your home country before September/October 2021
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
- Not be able to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
Please note the CSC funds one-year taught Master’s programmes only and does not fund MBAs and eligible courses but be full-time study only.
More information can be found below: