Students with an inclusive fee package
If you are from a partner university and will be joining us for up to one year of study, please read the information below, where you will find details about arrival, orientation and what is included in your fee package.
Who is this page for?
Anyone on one of the following programmes:
• Study Abroad
• Exchange (if living in campus accommodation)
• Christ University Undergraduate (Level H) programme
• Indian Partners IMBA 37 week programme
• Indian Partners non-IMBA 52 week programme
If the above categories do not apply to you, please visit Information for International students.
Arrival September 2022/23
Arrival Day is the day we offer a collection service from Manchester International Airport with staffed ‘meet and greet’ arrangements.
We also offer a taxi pick-up service from Liverpool John Lennon Airport
As the Global Centre offers an orientation program to fee package students, starting on Sunday 25 September, we encourage you to arrive on the following date:
Arrival Day - Saturday 24 September 2022, 8am - 8pm
For students who have not obtained a Visa by 24 September, there will be one further (unstaffed) opportunity to be picked-up from Manchester International Airport, subject to us receiving your flight details by Wednesday 28 September.
Follow up Arrival Day – Monday 3 October 2022, 8am - 8pm
To book your airport collection, use our online form to submit your flight details by Monday 5 September 2022.
Students arriving on any other day or at any other airport should make their own way to Liverpool. You can ask us for travel advice at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can try to arrange an airport pick-up for you on request, subject to a £50 supplement payable in advance - email email@example.com.
Students arriving after 30 September will miss the Global Centre orientation programme, and students arriving after 7 October will miss their School induction programme.
- If you will be arriving at Manchester International Airport or Liverpool John Lennon Airport on 24 September or 3 October, we will send a taxi to collect you as long as you send us your flight details at least a week before you travel. We will contact you about the meeting point at the airport
- If you are travelling independently and arriving at Liverpool John Lennon Airport, please take a taxi from outside the airport or order a private car to pick you up by calling 0044 (0)151 722 8888 - if you do not have cash, ask for a taxi with contactless payments.
- We will be waiting at Aigburth Park for you on 24 September and will show you to your room and help you to shop for your essential needs. If you arrive on any other day, the Security staff will show you to your room
Accommodation on campus
Your room is included in the fee package. If you have applied for campus accommodation but not received a formal room offer and contract within four weeks, please let us know. If you have not applied, please do so immediately after receiving your course offer.
If you will be studying with us for less than six months please read the Standard Visitor Visa information.
If you will be studying with us for longer than six months, please read the Standard Route Visa information.
Please be sure to read the Information for International Students. This covers everything you need to know before and after arrival.
In early September, you will be sent a letter (by email) asking you to register for your programme - you will be provided with login details to MyHope, the portal to student services and course information.
When you log in to MyHope you will see a menu of blue buttons – click on the SRM tab to find the Registration & Fee Task in the ‘in tray’ – please complete this form until the final page. By registering for your course, you will have completed the admissions process and you will be able to see your timetable, the course Moodle (virtual learning environment – click on My Courses) and your student Gmail account.
In the SRM 'in tray' you will also see the Photo Task – please complete this task so that we can prepare your Student ID card for you.
Paying for your programme
Please read the relevant fee package details below to check what is included and how to pay:
Please note that you should pay for your fees in full before arrival.
The Global Centre orientation programme
- After everyone has arrived and settled into their accommodation, we will have a ‘get-to-know-you’ welcome party on the evening of 24 September at Aigburth Park.
- On Sunday 25 September, we will take you on a walking tour of the local area in the morning and and to the city centre by public transport in the afternoon.
- On Monday 26 September, you will go to the Hope Park campus for a welcome meeting and campus tour, followed by daily orientation sessions for the rest of the week.
- From Monday 3 October, Induction Week will include sessions appropriate to your level of study, including sessions on academic writing and assessments.
- Timetabled classes start on Monday 10 January, although not all of you may have Monday classes.
By the time you start class, you will be familiar with the area where you live, travelling on public transport, shopping for food and essentials, the teaching campuses and the students you live with. You will have made friends and be confident to join in clubs, societies and social events.
If you miss the orientation and induction events, we will do our best to bring you up-to-date with essential information and will help you to join your classes as soon as possible.