Education Leadership & Management - Online (PG Cert)
Duration: Up to 12 months (part-time)|Hope Park|Start month: February & October
International students can apply
About the Course
The ability of a skilled leader in maximising the aspirations and achievements of students, and in creating a forward-thinking and fulfilling work environment for teachers and other staff cannot be overemphasized. At Liverpool Hope University, we have been a centre of excellence for the study of Education for decades, and our strong relationship with a wide variety of educational provision across the UK enables us to draw on the very best practices in order to develop your own skills in this area.
Read this Education Leadership & Management case study to see how this course can help you in your career.
- Develop a critical understanding of theoretical approaches to leadership, relevant to educational practice.
- Enhance knowledge and critical understanding of applied leadership and management in an education context.
- Provide knowledge and critical understanding of key theories and concepts within the field of change management, and of the role of leadership in providing strategic direction and in leading change.
- Develop a critical understanding of those factors which influence individual and collective behaviour/s within organisations.
- Enable students to make informed decisions by creatively and systematically applying the knowledge and understanding of key concepts and best practice.
- Support students’ continuing personal and professional development so as to enable them to work as reflective practitioners with self-direction and originality, willing to take on a leadership role and contributing to the success of their own teams, organisations and their students.
How to apply
To apply for this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration form, rather than using the standard university application form
This Postgraduate Certificate (60 Level 7 Credits) comprises two x 30 credit modules:
Education Leadership & Management I: Perspectives on Leadership (30 Credits)
Recognising the challenges faced by those in leadership roles and the need to support the development of leadership competencies at all levels, this module explores leadership, with a specific focus on leadership within different education organisations. In particular, the module explores the nature of leadership and management through a number of different thematic ‘lenses’ and considers the role leaders play within improvement and change programmes.
Education Leadership & Management II: Working Effectively with Others (30 Credits)
This module takes as its focus the need for all those working within schools and other education institutions to develop positive and productive relationships with others. Leadership and management do not occur in a vacuum, and this module has been designed to develop both functional knowledge and critical understanding of a number of key perspectives on human behaviour within organisations and on the nature and processes of organising human activity. As such it is designed not only to encourage the development of solutions to specific leadership and management problems but also to provide participants with insights into the complex nature of organisations and of organisational life.
A minimum of a Second-Class Honours degree in a relevant discipline awarded by a UK university, or an equivalent higher education qualification.
Due to the leadership specialism the expectation of the applicant will be that they have gained some leadership experience within an educational setting. Normally they will be engaged in a leadership role at the time of starting on the programme but aspirational leaders will also be considered if they have the support to engage with leadership practice within their setting.
International Entry Requirements
For students whose first language is not English there is a language requirement of IELTS 6.5 overall with 6.0 minimum of all components. In addition to this, we also accept a wide range of International Qualifications, for more information please visit our English Language Requirements page.
For additional information about country specific entry requirements visit the your country pages.
Teaching and Research
Delivery is fully online for both modules, on a part-time basis, including:
- Online discussion forums/chats
- Reading with guided reading questions
- Assessment support via email and Zoom
- Moodle messages via individual tutors
UK/EU Tuition Fees
Tuition fees for Home/EU students are:
Full Rate - £1,733
Graduate 600* - £1,533
Partner School Rate** - £1,386
Group Discounts are also available, contact email@example.com for further details.
* Graduate 600 - Reduced Fee for Liverpool Hope students who have obtained a 2.1 or 1st class degree within the last 3 years.
** A Partner School is any school that has an Initial Teacher Education (ITE) partnership arrangement with Liverpool Hope University and who work with our students on providing school placements.
We offer a number of scholarships and loans to help fund your postgraduate studies. Visit our scholarships pages for more details.
International Tuition Fees
Tuition fees for International students are:
Full Fee - £4,167
This is a professional learning course designed specifically to provide up-to-date knowledge support for professionals working within education leadership & management.
The 60 Masters-level credits can also be used towards a Masters in Education.