Dr Namrata Rao has done B.Sc. (Zoology, Botany and Chemistry), B.Ed., M.Sc. (Zoology) with specialization in Radiation Biology and M.Ed. with specialization in Educational Technology. Her PhD focussed on exploring the effect of parent-child relationship on academic achievement, creativity and study habits. She trained as a Science teacher in India and taught in secondary schools and sixth form colleges before moving on to teaching in higher education in 2009. At Liverpool Hope she is involved in the teaching of Sociology of Education and regularly supervises research at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. She coordinates the postgraduate provision for the Department of Education Studies.
Her research interests cover various aspects of Higher education with particular focus on:
• Learning and Teaching within higher education;
• Impact of Internationalisation of higher education both within and outside the UK;
• Migrant Academics and their identity construction;
• Quality assurance and enhancement within higher education;
• Aspects of leadership and management within higher education.