Liverpool Hope University is encouraging staff and students to help those in need this festive season by taking part in its Christmas Appeal.
The University is hoping to collect 1,750 items for Knowsley Foodbank and The Whitechapel Centre, ahead of the launch of its 175th anniversary year celebrations.
Both charities are based in the Merseyside area and help local people in crisis.
Donations of the below items are being accepted at three collection points - Gateway Desk (Hope Park), Trinity Room (Aigburth Park), or Capstone Building (Creative Campus).
- Milk (UHT or powdered), fruit (tinned), meat (tinned), soup, squash, biscuits, tomatoes (tinned), and pasta sauces (jar).
The Whitechapel Centre
- Clothing: Men's boxer shorts (new, sml/med), female underwear (new, sml/med), long-sleeved tops, sweatshirts, hooded tracksuits, tracksuit bottoms, leggings (female, sml/med), trainers, socks.
- Toiletries: Shaving foam, deodorant (spray), razors, shampoo, shower gel, men's gift sets.
- Christmas items: Selection boxes, gift bags, mince pies, stocking fillers.
- Bedding: Sleeping bags (new, good condition), sleep/yoga mats, fleece blankets.
The collection progress will be monitored via a donations board in the Gateway Building foyer.
The final date for donations is Monday 17th December.