How to apply
You will be able to take part in the Outgoing Exchange programme only in your second year of study, providing it will not hinder your studies.
You will need to have achieved at least a C average on assessments in your first year. You must also have at least a 70% attendance at all Lectures, Seminars and Tutorials. You have the chance to study at one of our partner universities for either a semester (January to May) or the full academic year, with all academic credits counting towards your degree when you return.
You can apply for the Outgoing Exchange Programme throughout the year but we advise you speak to the Global Student & Partnership Centre as soon as possible. Below is a rough outline of when you should be aiming to complete each stage of the application process.
You are encouraged to apply for the programme in your first year of study, below is an outline of the deadlines based on applications being made in your first year of study at Liverpool Hope.
|Task||Deadline for year||Deadline for semester|
1. Acknowledge your interest to the Global Centre by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please fill out this online form which provides dates and times for workshops you can sign up for.
|3. Attend a compulsory Exchange Workshop||December||February|
4. Speak to your Departmental International Coordinator and Level I tutors to find out what courses you need to study whilst on Outgoing Exchange. The courses need to be relevant to your LHU course so it is important that you work with your tutors.
5. Research the course catalogues of the universities that you like from this list.
You will need to ensure that you find courses equivalent to 60 Hope credits for one semester and 120 credits for the full academic year.
Please note - partner universities in Europe and America operate different credit systems, as a guide please use:
If you have trouble finding courses that are suitable then please speak to the International Exchange Assistant.
6. Complete the application form given to you by the Global Centre and get it signed by your Level I tutors and International Coordinators for your course/s.
It's important to keep your International Coordinator and tutors informed, as they have to confirm your study choices whilst abroad.
7. Return the form to the International Exchange Assistant.
|end of Feb||beginning of May|
Once you have sent your LHU application form to us and we have approved you for the Outgoing Exchange programme, we will contact the partner university you have selected who will then be in touch with you and will send you their application details.
You must ensure you complete the applications to partner universities as soon as possible, as the deadlines are set in place to ensure all visas (if required) can be obtained before travelling to study. Before submitting your application to the partner university, you will need to obtain a transcript from the Global Centre.
Once your application has been accepted by the partner university, you will need to start booking flights, accommodation and visa appointments (if required).
Don’t forget to contact Student Finance, as you may be entitled to additional funds. If you require your student loan to be paid earlier because your exchange period starts before Liverpool Hope’s term, then please contact Student Finance.