Our scholarships and awards recognise and reward outstanding achievement and ability. All scholarships, awards and prizes are cash awards and do not have to be paid back.
Access to Hope Scholarship
Liverpool Hope University are pleased to offer 10 new scholarships worth £3,000 per year over the normal period of study (excluding any placement years and any additional years of study due to transfer onto an Integrated Masters course) to home and EU students who are starting an undergraduate course in September 2021 and make Liverpool Hope University their Firm choice on their UCAS application. In order to apply you need to meet at least one of our widening participation criteria as detailed below with priority given to those students who fall into more than one category. An application form is available for you to complete with a personal statement where you should give us details of why you are applying for the scholarship, the personal challenges you have faced before entering Higher Education and what difference the money will make to your University journey. Once completed this should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is the 30th April 2021 from when the Student Finance Committee will consider your application along with your personal statement and circumstances. The decision of the panel will be discretionary and final. Applicants will be notified whether they have been successful by the 31st May 2021.
Widening Participation Criteria
- You are a mature student
- You have been in care as a looked after child for at least 13 weeks since the age of 14.
- You have a disability
- You are from a black and minority ethnic group
- You come from one of the most deprived areas of the country as defined by the English government’s IMD (indices of Multiple Deprivation) database. If your postcode IMD value is in quintile 5, you meet this criteria. Please note this information only covers addresses in England. To check your eligibility for this please use the https://tools.npeu.ox.ac.uk/imd/
- You come from an area where it is unusual for people to go to University. This is defined by the government’s classification called POLAR 4, to meet this criteria your address must fall into quintile 1. Please note that this information only covers addresses in the UK. To check eligibility please use the https://www.officeforstudents.org.uk/data-and-analysis/young-participation-by-area/young-participation-by-postcode/
New students commencing their studies in year 1 2021/22
Students with a talent in Dance, Drama, Music or Sport, who have a portfolio of public performances or have performed at national level, are eligible for this scholarship. Once completed this should be emailed to email@example.com
£3,000 over the period of study.
The closing date for this scholarship is the 30th October 2021.
Liverpool Hope University has introduced nine fully-funded music scholarship opportunities, which together are worth more than £40,000 representing a wonderful opportunity for any aspiring musician or singer.
The nine scholarships are:
- Eight vocal or instrument scholarships irrespective of genre (i.e. to include classical, popular and jazz styles)
- One joint organ scholarship (together with Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral)
The scholarships are for high level tuition, free accommodation and exposure to excellent performance opportunities. The organ scholarship offers a student the chance to be tutored by the Organist and Director of Music at the Metropolitan Cathedral.
The scholarship holders will also participate actively in the musical life of Liverpool Hope University through our various choirs and orchestras which regularly perform at official University events and in the community as well as with our many musical friends and partners throughout the City of Liverpool, including the Metropolitan Cathedral, Liverpool Sound City, Pixels Ensemble and IMMIX Ensemble.
Anyone interested in finding out more about the scholarships should contact the Faculty Administrator, Niall Doherty.