International Postgraduate Scholarship
The International Postgraduate Scholarship (IPS) is awarded to five applicants who demonstrate academic excellence, outstanding community engagement and a passion to study their chosen subject at Liverpool Hope University. It is exclusive to full-time, postgraduate taught students and is worth half the tuition fees.
You need to demonstrate how you actively contributed to the life of your previous university, how you are actively involved in your community, and how you will contribute to the future social and economic development of your home country. In addition to how you will contribute to university life at Liverpool Hope and your motivation for studying at Liverpool Hope.
You must also have the following:
• Undergraduate degree (equivalent to UK 2:1 honours degree minimum)
• English Language proficiency (qualification or prior studies. See here for further information)
• 2 Academic references
• Copy of Passport
• Conditional Offer of Study
• Completed IPS application form with high-level of English.
How to apply
You must have an offer for a postgraduate taught degree programme at Liverpool Hope University, and you must complete the International Postgraduate Scholarship Application Form with documentation (e.g. copy of final degree certificate and academic references). If you do not hold an offer of admission, you are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Please complete all the details, including your name, contact details, student number and qualifications. Applications with missing relevant supporting documentation will not be processed. As well as all documentation, applicants must provide:
• Proof of High Academic achievement - Copy of degree certificate and supporting transcripts.
• 2 Academic references
• Applicants must hold an offer of admission for a Liverpool Hope postgraduate taught degree and stipulate their Student ID number of their application form.
• Evidence of active university, social and community involvement/volunteering.
Please note that the IPS application form question “Indicate why you believe you should be considered for the International Postgraduate Scholarship and how this would benefit you in your programme of study” is essential to your application and will be carefully reviewed by the University’s committee in regards to your eligibility. When answering this question, focus on why you have chosen to study the academic programme, and why you wish to study it at Liverpool Hope University. It is essential that you elaborate and include as much detail to your decision-making process and motivations as possible.
If you are awaiting your final results, you are still able to apply. Please state 'pending results' in the qualification section. You must submit your results when they are available.
• International Postgraduate Scholarship are only available to applicants paying full international tuition fees. Citizens of the UK, EU and EEA are not eligible to apply
• International Postgraduate Scholarship is deducted from the standard tuition fee and you will be invoiced for the net tuition fee due.
• You must submit an International Postgraduate Scholarship Application Form by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The International Scholarship Application Form should be accompanied by relevant supporting documents (e.g. final degree certificate and academic reference).
Friday 8th July 2022 for October 2022 intake
Friday 4th November 2022 for January 2023 intake
Please note: application forms must be submitted by 17:00 (local UK time)